Oriental Rug Cleaning
For over 2,500 years, oriental rugs have been used in the East by nomads and villagers for warmth and beauty. More recently in the West, they have graced homes with their art and luxury, and go with any decor. An Oriental rug is a purchase for a lifetime and when properly maintained, for generations. The information contained on this page offers simple, basic advice for the protection and care of your investment.
Mann’s Carpet Cleaning and Restoration services will leave your area rug looking and feeling newer while eliminating hard to remove dirt and germs that can cause various health problems. Germs and off-putting pet odors and stains embedded in your area rug can all be eliminated by our professional services. Our service providers will treat your home with the utmost care, using our superior technology and gentle cleaning solutions to restore your delicate area rug back to its original beauty without leaving behind the damage that can occur from other harmful cleaning chemicals. Our services are available for all your home and commercial needs.
Your home is your palace – allow Mann’s to give your home the royal treatment it deserves! Call Mann’s Carpet Cleaning and Restoration today for your quick free estimate, and you’ll be on your way to a cleaner and more beautiful area rug that will last many years to come. We offer free deliver in the Montrose area.
Mann’s Cleaning Process
Your Rug will begin its journey at our cleaning facility with:
1) Pre Inspection – we carefully identify the unique characteristics of each rug . Highlighting any cleaning concerns that are present, it will be checked for color fastness as well as construction & potential weaknesses. After a written work up and photo documentation of your rug, it continues on to…
2) Loose Soil Removal or Dusting – it is placed on a grid and gently shook or “vibrated” as needed (being flipped over many times) in order to dislodge any particulates hiding in the densely woven pile of your rug. The loose soil slips through the grid and is swept away leaving your rug pounds lighter and ready for deep cleaning process to follow.
3) Full Submersion Cleaning – chemistry, agitation & tons of fresh continues flowing water is used to insure all soil, detergent and extras (spills, pet accidents, etc.) are toughly and safely removed from your rug. That being said, every rug is unique, so every cleaning is a little different based on your rugs construction and characteristics – these will be discussed with you after the pre inspection is complete.
4) Drying – We create a dry climate using dehumidifiers & air movers to quickly dry your treasured rug.
5) Finally Inspection and Detailing – now all the final details are cared for ex: a second cleaning of the fringe, additional spot or stain removal, grooming, scotch guard application and any necessary repairs are done at this time.
6) Enjoy your beautifully refreshed Oriental or Designer Rug! Pickup and delivery can be arranged.
These are basic needs for your hand woven treasure!
Mann’s cleaning process for your oriental rug will ensure to bring out the richness of color and softness of wool. Depending on the amount of traffic, a professional washing is recommended every three to six years for the cleaning of your Oriental rug.
To insure even wear, your rug should be rotated once a year. Depending on the traffic, the rotation may vary from six months to two years.
Oriental rugs, like most carpeting, should be vacuumed on a regular basis to remove dirt and restore life to the fibers. Be sure not to vacuum the fringe.
A quality pad used under your rug helps protect it from dirt, wear and slippage. We will be happy to provide you with the correct padding.
Rugs should be stored clean, and if long-term storage an insect repellent rinse should be used. NEVER wrap wool or silk in plastic, always use Kraft paper or Tyvek paper instead. If in a storage unit, make sure the rugs are elevated up off the floor several inches (in case it ever floods) with nothing heavy stacked on top of them.
Blotting & Stain Removing
When spills occur, dilute with plenty of water. Next, blot from the edge of the spill towards the center. Avoid rubbing the area. For solid spills, take a spoon and carefully scoop-up the material. It is always best to attack the spill immediately. The following information will help you eliminate most stains. For further advice, contact us. We will be glad to help.